Adam and I have talked about starting a blog for a while. First we wanted to do a blog devoted to restaurants we’ve visited and enjoyed. Then we talked about something devoted to our favourite recipes and general cooking/baking. But I also like the idea of having an outlet for non-food related stuff – whether we’re updating our house our just want to rant about something else. So, we decided go with “Life at No. 71”. Welcome to our blog!
So, as the post title and photo may indicate, we were finally inspired to get this going by baking the perfect muffin! We like making muffins. It’s a great breakfast through the week, and well, who doesn’t like muffins? Unfortunately in the past our muffins always ended up small and rather dense. Even the tasty muffins just lacked something. They didn’t puff up like we’d want. But earlier this week we finally made THE PERFECT MUFFIN! So moist. So fluffy. So tasty! The sour cream really made the difference.
And here you go, from allrecipes.com.
Blueberry Cream Muffins
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups sour cream
- 2 cups blueberries
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease 24 muffin cups or line with paper muffin liners.
- In large bowl beat eggs, gradually add sugar while beating. Continue beating while slowly pouring in oil. Stir in vanilla. In a separate bowl, stir together flour, salt and baking soda.
- Stir dry ingredients into egg mixture alternately with sour cream. Gently fold in blueberries. Scoop batter into prepared muffin cups.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes.