The first of our weekly summer BBQs was last night… what a great evening. Thanks to those of you who were able to join!
Nothing too exciting this time… our menu was pretty simple:
- Burgers: Lick’s Homeburgers and Lick’s Natureburgers
Happy to support Lick’s more than ever now. Their burgers are not only crazy tasty – but they are a food sponsor for this year’s Relay For Life. I’m happy to find more excuses to enjoy some Lick’s goodness.
- Hamburger Buns: Homemade, of course
This is actually the norm for us now… it’s so easy! And so tasty! (…and it leads to the obvious-but-ridiculous joke about everyone enjoying my firm and tasty buns) I made them bigger than the recipe called for this time – making 10 from a batch instead of 12. Worked out well. Next time perhaps I should try a whole wheat variety? Hmmm.
- Salad: Super super simple – mixed greens with oil and balsamic.
– Emily’s yummy yummy homemade blueberry apple pie! Photos coming soon!
– Homemade strawberry ice cream. Turned out well!
We also had a nice mix of beer, wine, and soft drinks. A delicious and relaxing evening.